Here we go, another school year… September is a busy month for all of us. Those of us with kids have to get them ready for school. Those of us with businesses need to plan for last quarter success. Last month, it seemed that most of my coaching sessions included discussions on how to be more productive and giving up some of the hats everyone tries to wear!
Yes, The Hats! How many hats do you wear?
This is an exercise we do during the Leap Ahead seminar.
Read the Featured Article to discover Strategies to Maximize Your Efforts and Results. There is a big difference between busy and productive.Read more
Are you setting goals and wishing for a better life, being healthier, or happier etc? You know the phrase from the Bible that says, “Ask and you shall receive.” Well I was reminded of another last week while at church, “Let it be done for you, as you wish.”
Read More →
You are invited to attend The Successful Event Planning Webinar on Sept 6th at 3pm Eastern! If you want to generate thousands of dollars with your next event and gain effective secrets, you need to
Read More →
Want to increase lead generation, conversion rate and revenue? Watch the Genius Marketing Strategies Webinar! It is complimentary and will help you tremendously. Learn how to!
Read More →
Leap Ahead Graduates
Congratulations to all the entrepreneurs who joined us for Leap Ahead in August! I’ll say it again and again… the professionals who attend are already successful. They just want to be more successful! Missed the last one? Join us November 13-15.
Read More →
Attention Spa and Medi Spa Owners! Are Your Events Generating Revenue For You? If you are looking for ways to improve your events, join us On Sept. 6th at 3 p.m. Eastern and discover Secrets to Successful Event Planning and Learn How to Make Thousands With Your Next Event!
Authority Marketing is, the strategic process of systematically positioning you and/or your organization as the leader, the expert, the celebrity and the “Go-To” Spa and or Medi Spa in your community. Learn More
9 Ways to Maximize Productivity and Results!
As spa and medi spa leaders, you often find yourself wearing many hats and performing many different jobs during the day. No matter how organized you are, there are only 24 hours in a day. The question is: How can you manage your time so you can maximize your productivity? In this article, you will discover 9 Ways to Maximize Productivity and Results!
1. Track Daily Activity Evaluate your current daily activities. Identify where your time is being spent. For one week track your daily activities. Use Outlook, a day-timer, smartphone, ipad or other device to record your daily activities. Choose any method you are comfortable with and just do it. Don’t record unnecessary information. List the activity and the time you spent on it. For example, my entry related to writing this article would be “Writing InSPAration Moments” and logging the amount of time it took to do it. You do not need detailed descriptions about the process or activity. The reason you want to track your daily activity is to identify productive time versus time wasters.
2. Prioritize Your List Keep a daily “to do” list. Differentiate between a “to do” task and a ‘project’. Keep long term projects off your daily to do list. (Prioritize your daily to do list and set a performance benchmark. If you have 20 “to do” tasks for a given day, how many of them do you truly need to accomplish? Prioritizing your daily tasks and time block appropriate time in your calendar. This will take the pressure off you and help you become more productive.
3. Plan Your Schedule It’s a fact. People who plan their schedule the night before are more productive than those who don’t. Take the first 20 minutes at the end of each day to plan the following day. Don’t start your day without it. When working with clients, we often discover that they show up to work and let daily activities take their course rather than charting their activities and deciding what they want to accomplish. Use Outlook or another time management planner to organize your day.
4. Delegate and/or Outsource No matter how small or large your business is, there’s no need for you to do all the heavy lifting. To increase productivity, you need to delegate and outsource. You need to know what your time is worth and don’t do the jobs that a minimum wage person can do for you. Set a value for your time. How much are you worth per hour? $50, $100, more?? Why are you doing jobs that can be handled more cost effectively by someone else? Find an assistant to handle tasks that don’t require your expertise or experience to complete. This practice will payoff big for you in the long run!
5. Have Systems, Be Organized Are you wasting a lot of time repeatedly going over procedures or policies with your team? Publish team manuals for policies, procedures, protocols, systems, most frequently asked questions, dos and don’ts by department… Once you have your spa and or medi spa manuals in writing, you will be able train from them and not reinvent the wheel every time you hire someone.
6. Don’t Waste Time Waiting From meetings to dentist appointments, it’s impossible to avoid waiting for someone or something. But you don’t need to just sit there and twiddle your thumbs. Always take something to do with you, such as a report you need to read or plan your next marketing campaign. Technology makes it easy to work wherever you are. Always have a notebook, laptop, or your iPad to listen to CoachMe modules… Use your time wisely!
7. Learn to Say No You can’t say yes to everyone and everything. Learn to say No. It’s not the end of the world. You are not superwomen or superman.
8. Minimize Interruptions Close your door when you have to complete a task or a project. Control who and when others can schedule time with you. Do NOT practice an unconditional “open door” policy.
9. Watch out for Time Wasters:
Got a minute? – This is a terrible time waster! Just say, “No, I don’t.”
Visitors & People Popping In
Lack of Clearly Defined Policies and Procedures
Lack of Competent or Trained Personnel
Failure to Delegate
Failure to Set Priorities
Uncontrolled Crisis Management
Failure to Plan
Lack of Self Discipline
Overloading: Attempting to do too much at one time
These Time Management Tips will help you increase your productivity while helping you stay cool, collected and organized.
Need more help?Reserve a private CoachMe session with me.
I can help you!
“Ask and You Shall Receive”
“Let It Be Done For You As You Wish”
Do you know these phrases? They are from Bible.
I was reminded of them last Sunday while at church. So, I decided to make them this month’s Bright Idea.
Put these two phrases on a poster and place them in the team lounge next to your P.R.I.D.E. poster from the Don’t Sell, Recommend program. Talk about it every day. Remind your team to keep asking their clients about their concerns and to keep making recommendations.
Make this month “Ask and You Shall Receive” month and achieve new performance results!
Implement the Don’t Sell, Recommend philosophy and learn how you can generate retail sales & produce results.
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.