Congratulations To The Leap Ahead Graduating Class!
They are now armed with a blueprint to succeed.
Increasing Spa and Medi Spa Revenue Through The Guest Experience!
One of my favorite things to do when I travel is to visit spas. No matter where I go, I always notice missed revenue opportunities. Often, I am not offered any additional treatments, upgrades and retail spa products. Nothing is more disappointing to me.
I am sure you experience the same thing. The spa and medical spa industry falls short on increasing revenue through the guest experience. In this article, you will gain 5 strategies you can implement to help you increase your revenue through the guest experience.
1. Reservation Process How good are your receptionists with converting callers into appointments and maximizing the number of treatments?
Problem: In most cases, receptionists (or as I like to call them “the Guest Relations Team”) take the path of least resistant. They normally reserve the least expensive treatments. This practice limits revenue generation and makes the rest of the team work hard to try to upgrade treatments.
Solution: Reserve time for treatments and let your therapists choose the ideal treatments for clients. This will allow your spa team or RN and PA etc. to customize spa treatments and increase guest satisfaction.
2. Guest Check-in How good is your check-in process? Problem: When visiting spas on location and assessing their check-in process, I notice many missed opportunities. Normally the receptionist asks, “Do you have an appointment?” Asking for their name only, they check them in with no attempt to promote other treatments or upgrading treatments.
Solution: Make a great first impression by standing up and welcoming the guest. Get their name. Say, “We are expecting you” and confirm the treatment they are having. Then based on availability, make recommendations. It can be a promotion you are having or something that will complement the treatment they are having. Or if they are a repeat client, your receptionist can say, “I was looking in your history and I noticed that you have not had xyz in a while. Let’s go ahead and get you set up for both today!”
This type of recommendation will help your guest have multiple treatments, achieve better results and enjoy their visit more.
3. Relaxation Lounge What are you serving in your lounge? Problem: Usually, I see coffee, tea, and or water. Rarely, healthy snacks are served. Most often, the things being served are items not being sold in your spa boutique.
Solution: Forget the coffee. Focus on tea and offer water with a healthy concentrate that you can retail. Once they try and love them, they will buy them. Place shelf talkers to describe what they are having and mention that they are available for purchase in your boutique. (Try Pur Inventions). Having a tea bar promotes health and helps you generate more revenue.
4. The Treatment This is the biggest missed opportunity. I have had treatments around the world. Rarely do I get upgraded. I am frequently invited to be a secret shopper. Oh my goodness, the stories I can tell you! Problem: In my most recent experience just last week, I went to a Medi Spa to have a facial. The esthetician asked what my concerns are, then she asked what my budget was. I almost died! Are you kidding me, “What is my budget?” What does that have to do with anything?
That team did not have a system. Worse yet, they had not been trained on how to handle a consultation to increase guest satisfaction and generate more revenue.
Solution: Implement the P.R.I.D.E. system. Train and practice your team on how to do a consultation and how to recommend to your clients. Once the team is trained, set rewards and consequences.
5. The Check-Out This is another case of missed opportunities. Retail should be a big part of your spa’s income. Recently, I was talking with a new client. Her spa did over one million in revenue and her retail accounted for only $100K. That is a 10% ratio. That’s horrible… They could have made another half million in retail!
Problem: No system for checkout. No sales order turned in. Not only are they not maximizing revenue, frequently they do not report the upgrade they do! So they are also losing money!!!
Solution: Implement a sales system for checkout to maximize revenue generation. Join us for the new CoachMe Genius Revenue Strategies and discover how to Turn Your Spa into a Selling Machine!
Attend a Complimentary Podcast
Want to know how to set up a membership program and tap into continuous spa revenue streams? Attend a complimentary podcast and Facebook live event to gain Innovative Strategies to Start a Membership Program and Grow Your Business.
Join now, the podcast is on February 20th at 2pm Eastern!
It’s guaranteed to boost your sales and put your business on steroids.
This new series offers the latest and the most innovative revenue generating strategies, solutions, systems to help you and your team improve your Spa or Medi Spa performance and increase profits.
Regular price $149 Sale $99
Annually, we ask members of the community to enter their annual business growth results to be considered for the Biggest Gainer Award. We invite you to submit your growth rate for a chance win great prizes!
We award 5 categories:
Simply submit this form with your growth rate and share any strategies that contributed to your growth and success.
One free ticket to Leap Ahead – a value of $2950
One-year access to the new CoachMe Gold Genius Spa Revenue Strategies – a value of $2,500
One-hour CoachMe Private call with Dori – $185 value
Winners’ Circle Interview with Dori
Submit your numbers now. Good luck!
Winners will be announced in the March 2017 InSPAration Moments.
Forms must be submitted by February 15th.
To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.