Happy October! Finally, some cooler weather in Florida! I just love fall! Don’t you? Last month was very busy for me… I have to tell you about my trip to Morocco. It was amazing! I attended the Global Spa & Wellness Summit. Read The Featured Article and discover the Latest Global Trends and Challenges facing the wellness and spa industry. We also had a great Leap Ahead Spa Leader Seminar in Los Angeles! Help me congratulate the September graduating class! This month, we will be in Philadelphia at the International Congress and Spa show where I am a speaker in the general session. If you are attending, stop by and see us at Booth 630, or at my lectures. We would love to see you! This year has been amazing for us and for many members of the InSPAration Management community. I am so proud of many of you! We are going to blink and this year is going to be over. Here we are in the last quarter. You should be busy planning and launching all of your holiday events and promotions. In the Bright Idea, discover how using Facebook can help you increase sales this Holiday Season. These are tips from the current webinar series, Smart Facebook Marketing. In Dori Recommends, learn about getting your boutique and your spa ready for the Holiday Season.
|P.S. A Gift for YOU! Go to InSPArationManagement.com and order your copy of my new book, Spa Business Secrets to Increase Profits, for only the price of shipping and handling!|
Not a CoachMe member yet? You owe it to yourself to check it out so you can experience business growth!
Leap Ahead Seminar – Orlando, FL January 12th – 14th Attending this conference was a great experience! There were 400 spa and wellness leaders from 48 countries represented. It was held in Marrakesh, Morocco, at the Four Seasons Resort! The theme of the event was Fast Forward. As a business firm entrepreneur, I am always investing in my own education so I can pass it on to you. Attending this event confirmed to me that what I am teaching and sharing with you is right on target. Almost the entire conference focused on wellness and how important it is to offer wellness programs globally, including the following information:
- Emphasis was made on how spas need to go beyond the normal offering of spa massage, facials, etc., and begin offering wellness programs. Funny…where have you heard that before? I have been encouraging the InSPAration Management community to do that for years. I published the Goodbye Pampering, Hello Wellness CD over three years ago to help everyone learn how to offer wellness programs.
- Another big emphasis was about how essential corporate programs are to the well-being of a company’s bottom line. This is something all of you should do. To learn more about that, get the CoachMe Gold Marketing for Success series. I offered members two CDs about how to gain corporate accounts, complete with a presentation that instructs you exactly how to do it.
- They encourage everyone to focus on preventative care. Let’s help people before they need a doctor. Peter Greenberg from CBS Travel interviewed two gentlemen who have been speaking about wellness for over 30 years now. He spoke with Dr. John Travis, founder of Wellness Associates, and Dr. Dan Ardell, who published the Wellness Report. They are both very passionate about the wellness movement and encouraged everyone to do their part in creating programs that would encourage people to live a healthier lifestyle. Wellness is a $2.8 trillion industry and it’s time for spa owners to tap into this market. They both said wellness is about education, where medicine is about taking drugs and fixing a problem. Wellness is a lifestyle that you can teach and earn money doing it!
- Dr OZ was interviewed and he shared that the biggest problem facing our nation now is lack of sleep and not eating right. People need to learn about wellness so they can know how to take care of themselves to prevent going to doctors. He encouraged everyone to exercise seven minutes every morning. Let’s all do that.
- Dr. Dan Friedland, founder of Super Smart Health, spoke about leadership and how important it is to you as a leader to avoid reactivity and focus on creativity instead. He made a point that stuck with me. “Hospitality is a dialogue where service is just delivering a service.” This is something I am always telling your teams during the CoachMe Gold Spa Management Essentials Series. “Don’t be just a worker. Be a professional and communicate with your guests so you can help them.” Implement the dialogue and you will be more successful.
- Economist, Kjell Nordstrom, author of Funky Business, had some very interesting predictions. He spoke about growth in countries such as Africa and Asia, but he also had some alarming statistics about how more and more people will be living alone in the future, but be together via technology. He also predicted that more and more women will be in high positions and less men will be going to college. Overall, the world will have more women than men.
Challenges Facing the Spa and Wellness Industry
- Education and human capital. Emphasis was made on how to create mentorship programs and how to use internships to help you build stronger teams.
- The need for great wellness coaches to help educate your communities.
- Creating innovative wellness programs -“Defining the Wellness Product.”
- Defining wellness as a whole.
- Set Your Revenue Goal Take the time to run reports from the previous year and set new goals for this year’s Holiday Season by category.
- Select your Product Mix Don’t get stuck on the same products. Be creative with your selections. Select some unique items that will drive demand and generate sales.
- Train the Team This is often an overlooked portion of Success Planning. As leaders, it is your responsibility to ensure that your team is informed and trained in order to reach the targets you have set. Schedule and conduct a few training sessions with your team. Training sessions should include: Goal Setting, Specials and Promotions, Sales or Recommendation Approaches, Role Play, etc.
- Implement Marketing Strategies Marketing is one of the most important elements of a successful holiday season. You can have the most beautiful gifts and promotions, but if no one knows about them, it’s not going to be successful. It’s your responsibility to draft a marketing strategy that will make your clients aware of your offers and compel them to take action. No matter how small your marketing budget is, there are several economical marketing strategies that will deliver results.
DoneForMeSpaMarketing.com A New Marketing Website
Launch Special Receive One Free Marketing Module Click here to download a MP3 recording of the first Marketing Module
Have a Profitable Holiday Season with Facebook MarketingFacebook should be part of your marketing mix this Holiday Season. It’s a great way to reach your fans and inform them of all the exciting offers you have going on.
Here are some simple things you can do to turn your fans into paying clients.
- Create enticing ads and target your audience.
- Offer specials that are available for Facebook fans only.
- Offer tips to make gift giving easy.
- Use images to attract attention.
- Create engagement with contests.
- Promote offer: Nominate a family in need—or other charitable contribution.
|For 4 webinars, audio, presentation and bonuses.|
Smart Facebook Marketing Tap Into A 4-hour Webinar Series!Smart Facebook Marketing Turn your FANS into PAYING clients! Session One: Facebook Essentials Session Two: Facebook Marketing Session Three: Generating Revenue on Facebook Session Four: Measuring Your Efforts
Introducing…You asked and we listened. Many of you wanted to be able to tap into past CoachMe Gold series, but the only way to do it was to buy all the series at once, which was a big price for some people. Now for the first time, you can become a member of any CoachMe series for a flat monthly amount, making it easy and very affordable to join. We invite you to visit CoachMeGold.com and check out all your options.
You can choose from:
- Marketing for Success Volume I and II – Also available in Spanish
- Spa Business Success
- Spa Management Essentials Volume I, II, or III
- Reinvent your Business
- Solo-Preneur and Beyond – CoachMe Silver
Founder and CEO – Dori SoukupInSPAration Management is a business firm dedicated to assisting spa professionals with growing and enhancing their business. We help spa owners and leaders maximize their spa’s potential through consulting, advanced business education, and coaching.
Whether you’ve been in business for years or are just starting out, we can help. Read more.Education: InSPAration Management offers advanced spa business education via seminars and webinars to spa professionals. We can positively impact your career and your business. Read more about the Spa Leadership Seminar.
BizTools: Select from budgets, compensation plans, position descriptions, marketing, and more! Discover BizTools
Contact us to learn how we can help you grow your business and find success through InSPAration!