Happy May! I don’t know about you but we are getting ready for a busy May. We are heading out to Dallas on May 5th for the International Esthetics Show. After the show, we are hosting a one-day spa business seminar in Dallas. Join us for Economical Marketing and Sales Success! I return to Orlando for The Leap Ahead Leadership seminar from May 19 to 21, then off to Dubai to speak at a spa conference. I love being busy and I hope that you are busy, too! Some of you are busy putting out fires and dealing with team issues. I know that because we get the phone calls. It seems more so then ever. Complaints range from “my team does not listen to me, or they are not following policy, or they do just enough to get by” and so on… What can you do to improve your team’s culture and relations? Read the Featured Article and discover what Zappos did to create a great team culture while increasing productivity. Now is the time to “Improve your Company Culture”! In the Bright Idea, read about how Public Relations can positively impact your business. Discover how you can do your own PR on a shoestring budget. In Dori Recommends discover how to improve your team culture by having us help you train your team. Gain the formula on how to build your dream team with Spa Management Essentials Volume III. From all of us at InSPAration Management, we wish all the moms a very Happy Mother’s Day!
|P.S. A Gift for YOU! Go to InSPArationManagement.com and order your copy of my new book for only shipping and handling! Spa Business Secrets to Increase Profits|
Not a CoachMe member yet? You owe it to yourself to check it out so you can experience business growth!
Leap Ahead Seminar – Orlando, FL
- May 19 – 21 – ONLY 4 Seats Available!!
- August 18 – 20
- November 3 – 5
A Special One Day Business Seminar in Dallas. Join Us May 6th – Click Here to Read More.. What is the definition of a company culture? Company culture is the personality of a company. It includes the company mission, values, ethics, expectations, goals, and work environment. Companies such as Zappos and Google have set new standards in regards to innovative and effective company culture. You know Google, but some of you may not be familiar with Zappos. Zappos is an online store that was purchased by Amazon in 2009 for $1.2 Billion. Zappos is known as one of the best companies to work for due to the culture they have created. Tony Hsieh (pronounced Shay) took the company from nothing in 1999 and built it into a billion-dollar company. Obviously, he did not do this by himself. Zappos currently has about 1,200 employees. Those employees, called Zapponians, helped him build it! The major contributing factor to their growth and impressive success is their company culture and values. Below are some of Zappos unique and interesting programs that set them apart from most other companies.
- Zappos Values
- Deliver WOW Through Service
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
- Be Adventurous, Creative and Open-Minded
- Pursue Growth and Learning
- Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
- Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
- Do More With Less
- Be Passionate and Determined
- Be Humble
- Hiring the Right People who fit into their culture A full 50 percent of the questions in employee interviews are about Zappos’ culture and how an applicant will fit into it.
- Training Program Every employee goes through a four-week initial training program. Then, they offer employees development and training programs. Zappos has an entire library of educational programs.
- Leadership puts a big focus on delivering happiness to everyone.
- Deliver WOW Through Service
- Make employees happier
- Make customers happier
- Integrate happiness into the business
- Rewards They offer many benefits, but some of the fun rewards they do is giving Zollars (dollars) to team members. Yes, Zappos has their own currency! The team can earn Zollars for going the extra mile to make someone happy.
- Team Commitment
- Maintain a spirit of teamwork and collaboration
- Commit to honesty in all relationships
- Build open communication into every interaction
- Satisfy and delight customers to win loyalty
- Celebrate each other and our combined accomplishments
- Encourage growth and creativity
- Embrace change for continual improvement
- Raise the bar
- Be gracious and humble to do more with less
- Be passionate, bold and adventurous
- Culture Book
Zappos has a Culture Book that is written by employees every year. It details how people feel about the Zappos’ culture and how they reinforce and develop the culture every day. Statements attributed to employees emphasize and reinforce the Zappos culture.
Why is culture so vital? For one thing, it is a reflection of the brand. If your employees don’t reflect your messaging, customers will notice.
Employees should be inspired, not just motivated. They should want to do their jobs and go beyond them without thinking about whether a task fits their job descriptions. To get there, employees need to feel that they’re in control, making progress, connected and what they do has meaning.
- Zappos Retention
75% of Zappos orders are from repeat customers. Their growth is based on word of mouth from great experiences. They rarely advertise.
“Our whole philosophy became ‘let’s take most of the money we would’ve spent on paid advertising and paid marketing and instead of spending it on that, invest it in the customer experience/customer service and then let our customers do the marketing for us through word of mouth’ and that became the whole business model.”– Tony Hsieh
“The best businesses are really ones that can combine passion, profits, and purpose.”
If Zappos can do this, so can you! Just remember, you have to create your own culture. One of the major pitfalls is trying to copy someone else’s culture. You must be sure to pick the values and behaviors that will work best for your particular business.
Assess your culture and use some of these strategies to improve it!
GO AHEAD, START DELIVERING HAPPINESS!
- Gain more exposure
- Position yourself as an expert
- Generate buzz
- Increase capacity and profits, plus a lot more…
|2 Payments of $250|
Founder and CEO – Dori SoukupInSPAration Management is a business firm dedicated to assisting spa professionals with growing and enhancing their business. We help spa owners and leaders maximize their spa’s potential through consulting, advanced business education, and coaching.
Whether you’ve been in business for years or are just starting out, we can help. Read more.Education: InSPAration Management offers advanced spa business education via seminars and webinars to spa professionals. We can positively impact your career and your business. Read more about the Spa Leadership Seminar.
BizTools: Select from budgets, compensation plans, position descriptions, marketing, and more! Discover BizTools
Contact us to learn how we can help you grow your business and find success through InSPAration!