I am really looking forward to this month because I will be going to Morocco to attend the Global Summit. Spa and wellness leaders from all over the globe will be attending to discuss trends and what to look forward to in 2015. I will be sharing insight with you upon my return. Also in September, we are hosting the Leap Ahead Seminar in Los Angeles for the first time ever! This is going to be great for all community members who are looking for a great reason to go on vacation in California and hit two birds with one stone.
As for you, September should be all about planning your last quarter of success to ensure a great finish to the year.
We are also introducing two brand new websites. The first is DoneForMeSpaMarketing.com to give community members a greater understanding of all the marketing tools we have available in one place. Claim your complimentary marketing teleseminar audios below, a value of $149. The second website is called CoachMeGold.com and there you will find all the CoachMe Gold series in one place. You will be able to join any CoachMe program current or past from the very beginning. Read about it in the Bright Idea.
|P.S. A Gift for YOU!
Go to InSPArationManagement.com and order your copy of my new book,
Spa Business Secrets to Increase Profits, for only the price of shipping and handling!
CoachMe Gold – Spa Management Essentials III
Topic: Body Language Essentials
CoachMe Gold – Reinvent Your Business
Topic: Boutique Success – Part One
CoachMe Silver – Solo-Preneur Series
Topic: Solid and Legal Structure
Meeting in October 25th & 26th
Not a CoachMe member yet? You owe it to yourself to check it out so you can experience business growth!
Leap Ahead Seminar – Los Angeles, CA
September 29th, September 30th & October 1st
This is the million-dollar question we get all the time: “How do I keep my spa team motivated?”
Recently I have been getting many emails and phone calls from spa leaders expressing concerns with the lack of motivation they see in their teams’ behavior. One in particular sent me a five-page letter filled with frustration and disappointments and was just about ready to throw in the towel.
Why are some teams motivated and some are not? What separates the two?
In working with many spa owners, I noticed that some have teams who have been with them for years and some who have a revolving door.
How would you rate your team’s behavior? Are they motivated or do they do just enough to get by?
Let’s start by defining two main relationships:
- Team member/employee
When you hire someone to join your team, you need to know that there is a limit to how much
you can expect from this employee. They are simply exchanging hours for pay. Once five
o’clock hits, they move on to other important things in their lives. They are not thinking about you or your company.
On the other hand, entrepreneurship is totally different. As an entrepreneur, you are always thinking of ways to improve your business. You are always pushing forward. And the mistakes entrepreneurs make is they expect their employees to put in the same efforts. That’s nice in theory, but it’s not likely to happen.
Now that we defined the two roles, let’s talk about what you can do to keep the team motivated so they are at least working hard while they are on the clock.
What is motivation?
Motivation is either extrinsic or intrinsic; what is the difference?
- Intrinsic motivation is a drive from within. Napoleon Hill talks about it in his book Think and Grow Rich. “It’s burning desire,” the natural phenomena. Everyone knows some people like that. These people are naturally motivated and driven. They are eager to do a great job and make big accomplishments.
- Extrinsic motivation is when outside factors influence our internal needs, wants, and behaviors – such as rewards, promotions, and praise. Extrinsic motivation is usually temporary. Most people need external programs to get them motivated.
“People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing; that’s why we recommended it daily.” -Zig Ziglar
What can you do to motivate your spa and salon team?
- Do a survey to discover what motivates your team
- Come up with an exciting reward system
- Set goals
- Measure performance
- Recognize efforts
- Survey your team. Since everyone is motivated differently, it’s wise to conduct a survey and
find out what truly motivates your team. Once you discover the results, create a reward program that is more likely to motivate them and keep them motivated.
- Rewards program. Entrepreneurs often ask me, “How much should I spend on the reward program?” It really depends on the entire compensation structure. Some spas designate 1% and some 2% of gross revenue. It’s important to keep in mind that whatever amount you designate must be calculated as part of the entire compensation payout amount. In some cases, you may need to reduce your compensation model in order to afford to offer and pay for rewards.
- Setting goals. Goals go hand-in-hand with motivation. If you want your team to stay motivated, they must have goals to work towards.
- Measuring performance. Without performance measures, you can’t improve and you can’t reward your team. Below is a list of important key performance indicators that you can measure and reward:
- Performance Volume Per Guest for service and retail target
- Guest satisfaction and retention
- Team cross marketing
- Quality of work
- Bright ideas
- Work ethic
- Number of referrals
- Number of self-generated clients
- Recognize efforts. Host a monthly meeting and recognize top performers. Sometimes, a simple “thank you” goes a long way.
Motivation is a fire from within. If someone else tries to light that fire under you, chances are, it will burn very briefly. -Stephen R. Covey
Motivate your team and grow your business!
Join us for a 4-hour webinar series!
Facebook Smart Marketing
Turn your FANS into PAYING clients!
Session One: Facebook Essentials – August 25th – Recording available
Session Two: Facebook Marketing – September 3rd
Session Three: Generating Revenue on Facebook – September 15th
Session Four: Measuring Your Efforts – September 29th
Are you looking for ways to improve your team’s
performance and increase revenue?
Join the New Spa Management Essentials Series and gain strategic ways to train your team!
This teleseminar series is filled with systems, strategies, and structure to help you elevate the management end of team performance.
Receive Team Training material to help you grow your business!
Join Spa Management Essentials III
|Regular price $149
$99 – Leap Ahead Members
$129 – Non Members
By now, you probably read the featured article about motivating your team and you are now motivated to do something about it, right? We have a great CD to help you motivate your team. It was part of the Spa Management Essentials series. If you were a member during the volume series, then you should get it back out and listen to it or read the transcript. If you were not, we are giving you the opportunity to either join the whole series or purchase this CD as a sample.
Purchase now for only $99! Receive the transcript as a bonus.
Spa Management Essentials Volume I
Team Motivation Strategies
Leap Ahead Member Price: $99
Regular Price: $129
A New Marketing Website
Discover all new marketing tools and services available to you. I see many of you overpaying for many of your marketing services. Therefore, we wanted to let you know how you can rebrand your logo, website, brochures, and business cards for a very reasonable amount.
Sign up for a strategic call and let us quote your
re-branding project for you!
Receive One Free Marketing Module
Click here to download a MP3 recording of the first Marketing Module
You asked and we listened. Many of you wanted to be able to tap into past CoachMe Gold series, but the only way to do it was to buy all the series at once, which was a big price for some people. Now for the first time, you can become a member to any CoachMe series for a flat monthly amount, making it easy and very affordable to join.
We invite you to visit CoachMeGold.com and check out all your options.
You can choose from:
- Marketing for Success Volume I and II – Also available in Spanish
- Spa Business Success
- Spa Management Essentials Volume I, II, or III
- Reinvent your Business
- Solo-Preneur and Beyond – CoachMe Silver
We have almost 100 modules of CoachMe audios and transcripts that you can tap into.
Join us on September 29th, 30th and October 1st in
Los Angeles for the upcoming Leap Ahead!
Founder and CEO – Dori Soukup
InSPAration Management is a business firm dedicated to assisting spa professionals with growing and enhancing their business. We help spa owners and leaders maximize their spa’s potential through consulting, advanced business education, and coaching.
Whether you’ve been in business for years or are just starting out, we can help. Read more.
Education: InSPAration Management offers advanced spa business education via seminars and webinars to spa professionals. We can positively impact your career and your business. Read more about the Spa Leadership Seminar.
BizTools: Select from budgets, compensation plans, position descriptions, marketing, and more! Discover BizTools
Contact us to learn how we can help you grow your business and find success through InSPAration!