Setting goals in your spa is a very important business and personal tool. Unfortunately, many spa owners do not set goals on a regular basis. As a matter of fact, a Harvard University study published that only 3% of the American population set goals in writing. Napoleon Hill, the author of the bestselling book Think and Grow Rich, says, “A person without a goal is like a ship without a rudder.” As a spa leader, it’s up to you to set the overall goals for your spa or medi spa. Set monthly volume goals for:
- Service volume
- Retail Volume
- Other programs
- Specific: Goals need to be specific and clear.
- Measurable: Track, evaluate and measure your progress.
- Attainable: Not too high, not too low.
- Relevant: Relevant to the grand scheme of the goal.
- Time-bound: Have a starting and an ending point.