We just came back from the IECSC spa show in NY. It was great to see old friends and make new ones. The show was very busy, I’m happy to say! I conducted two sessions. One was going from solo to expanding your business. I was so happy to see many people were expanding or opening new business. The second session was about incorporating wellness into your spa program. As you know, you should have shifted your menu from pampering to wellness by now. If you have not, you should do it now! Also at the show, I met several professionals who are opening new wellness centers. I am always excited to see people entering the spa industry and attending industry trade shows. It’s a great place to do some of your homework.
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of a tradeshow:
1. Show program: Download or get a hard copy prior to the show.
2. Education: Usually shows offer some free classes and some that require fees. Look over the topics and choose the ones that will address your needs.
3. Exhibitors: Look over the exhibitor list and choose the one you want to see.
4. Networking: Leave time to meet new people and connect with fiends.
5. Business cards: Have your business cards with you at all times. I am surprised how many people do not carry their business cards.
6. Company brochure: It’s also wise to have your company’s brochure.
A trade show is not a place to be shy. You need to get out of your comfort zone and meet new people. Go on a discovery journey and learn about new things that will help your business.
I want to share something my team and I experienced at the show. Not only did I speak at the show, but we also exhibited. We decided to do something special and giveaway 5 discs from our spa success library for people who registered with us. It’s a great way for us to collect leads and give something in return to the people who register. My team was asking people as they walked by if they would like to register to win 5 Success Library CD’s. The smart ones stopped by and registered! Unfortunate for others, some people said no. How can you say no to a chance to win a $750 Spa Success Library? I guess they did not want to be more successful! How can they not be interested in elevating their success?
When you go to a trade show you need to open up your eyes and ears and take advantage of good offers. Normally, you get the best deal at tradeshows, so take advantage and come prepared.
Here is the winner of the Success Library – A vlaue of $725
Congratulations to Rachel Schinosi You WON!
1. Don’t sell, Recommend! Improve spa upgrades and spa retail
2. Reception and Profits – Turn reception into a profit center
3. 10 Economical Marketing Strategies – Shoestring spa marketing
4. Secrets to Event Planning – Earn thousands on your next spa event
5. Team Building with C.L.A.R.I.T.I. –Hire and maintain a professional team
Tell us about your tradeshow experiences. We would love to hear from you!