Spa Entrepeneurs Seeking Advanced Business Education

It never ceases to amaze me who attends spa advanced business seminars.  You would think people who are having difficulty with their spa business or are not producing profits or are on the verge of bankruptcy… but no, those people rarely attend business seminars, that explains why they are doing so poorly.


dsc04814I was in San Francisco last week where I held the Leadership Excellence Seminar.  It’s a 3 day event for spa owners and spa leaders who wish to enhance their spa’s performance and take their business to a whole new level.  I met the most amazing group of entrepreneurs… 

I want to introduce you to a few:


Charlie Ton, CEO of Regal Nails, Salon & Spa, LLC – T4 Spa Concepts & Design LLC – Alfalfa Nail Supply Inc.  Charlie has over 1,000 nail franchises and runs three companies, yet he came to the seminar with two of his  executives Loan and Karen to learn new strategies to help them with their business!

 Lawrence Miller, CEO of Aqua Azul Oasis Day Spa.  Prior to purchasing his spa, Lawrence was in the banking industry as VP of a credit card division.  He managed 22 countries and was responsible for generating $16 Billion Dollars in revenue.  He attended to learn more about how to elevate his success!    

Debbie Justice, CEO of The Spa at Merle Norman in Greenville, NC.  As the largest Merle Norman Spa, her spa is viewed as the model for the entire Merle Norman chain. she and her spa director Michelle attended to be the best of the best!

Loretta Sassmannhausen, a micro biologist and CEO of Three Rivers Dermatology in Fort Wayne, Indiana.  Loretta leads the center and the medi spa with her dermatologist husband.  she attended because they are expanding and wanted to make sure she keeps on growing!

The youngest entrepenuer was Mary Davis. She came with one of her manager’s Megan.  Mary owns Spa Royale in Gainsville, Fl.  she opened her spa few years ago, she is very successful but decided she needed a new edge and she got it.  

 We also had new people just venturing into the spa industry and had two managers from Mlis skin care, they attended to help all their spa partners. 

Now you know what I mean when I say they are entrepreneurs!  I was surrounded by very successful entrepreneurs, yet they were all there to gain new knowledge and discover new business tools to be even more successful ! It makes me so happy to know I was able to help by providing them the blueprint on how to elevate their success!    

 Mr. Pareto, the Italian economist, discovered the 80/20 principal. It certainly applies in the Spa Industry, where for example, 80% of spa revenue is generated from 20% of the spa owners.  The ones that attend InSPAration Management Advanced business seminars are in the top 20% of spa professionals.  The rest, or the 80% generate 20% of spa revenues.  The sad thing is,  you rarely see those people attend an educational event, hire a coach, or advance their education.  They just sit around, think things will get better on their own or complain about the economy while the entrepreneurs are getting better and better at what they do while generating double digit growth.   

I really don’t want to give up hope regarding people that really need help. Hopefully, by reading this, they will realize that education pays off.  

Maybe they will soon discover the importance of seeking professional business help to turn their business around and reach a new height of success!  

If you know someone who needs business help, refer them to us.  Education does pay!



InSPAration Management logo - Business Consulting Medical Spa

Get In Touch

Hours of Operation

Monday-Thursday: 9AM-5PM
Friday: 9AM-2PM
Saturday-Sunday: Closed


Medspa Resources

Med Spa Business Tools

Shop Additional Business Tools

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial