Medspa & Spa Disruption Management and Strategic Recovery Plan from the Coronavirus
As entrepreneurs and business professionals, we are faced to deal with difficult situations now and then. Currently, we are in the middle of the Coronavirus crisis and we need to navigate through this unknown zone. First, as leaders, we have to be very strong and shift to a business unusual mode.
As leaders & medspa & spa owners, we have to remember the IMPACT we are committed to for our teams’ lives and the community. We need to take care of the employees, the clients, and the business. It’s a big responsibility and together we can do it.
The key here is not to get paralyzed by FEAR. You have to keep your eye on the ball, be courageous, and make necessary business moves to navigate through this challenge. Come out ready to fight and soar.
My goal is to help you implement a Disruption Management Process and a great Strategic Recovery Plan that will ensure the future success of your spa or medi spa.
You can do it by applying the M.A.P.S. Recovery System. You are invited to join us for a complimentary webinar to help you discover the M.A.P.S system
- M. Mindset – What you should be thinking about now
- A. Assess – What is your current situation? Time to assess and outline your options
- P. Plan – Plan to minimize business disruption
- S. Success – Begin outlining your recovery plan for success
Currently, we are all faced with business disruption and a health crisis that threatens your well-being as well as your teams. Double crises are extremely rare but that’s what we have to address now. Mindset will play a huge part in how you come out of this pandemic. You have options: you can let fear paralyze you, or you can stay in control and turn lemon into lemonade.
You have been through difficult situations before and you overcame them, and you will overcome this as well. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. China is already doing better and so will we. Now is the time to get super creative and take time to come up with a strategic success plan so you can emerge stronger than ever before.
You are a leader; start leading. Many people are counting on you: your team, your clients, your family, friends, etc. This is not something we can brush under the rug. We need to face the facts of where we are now and be proactive rather than reactive.
Control your vision, your self-talk, and your thoughts. Stay positive. Negativity will get you off track. And remember, what you think is what you become. “If you think you can, you will, and if you think you can’t, you won’t. Either way, you are right.” – Zig Ziglar.
Now is the time to assess your current situation. Here are a few items you need to assess.
The state of your business, your financial picture, your reserves, financial commitments, cash flow. Know where you are financially and make necessary adjustments to float. Don’t do anything drastic. Just be aware of your situation and make small changes.
Assess the team’s schedule based on demand vs. team capacity and make scheduling adjustments. Based on demand, you may want to adjust your hours.
Training the team
Use your time wisely. Take this opportunity to train the team either in person or via webinars so you can improve their skill level and recover stronger than ever before.
This will depends on if you are open or not.
Your commitment to your team and guests. Send out an email to your guests and inform them of your safety guidelines.
- Check-In: At check-in, provide guests with individual wipe packets and hand sanitizers.
- Treatment Rooms: We use cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after each guest, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Guests’ Space: We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in the entire med spa, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms.
- Back of House: In the spaces where Team Members work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like Team Member entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms and offices.
For the most updated information, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority. We assure you we will be attentive and at your service, so you can enjoy your visit. We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Employer responsibility assessment
Know your legal guidelines and responsibilities as far as your employees.For more information, ask your employment attorney.
Note: Assess now; don’t wait. Be flexible and make adjustments to navigate through this crisis.
P. The Plan
1. Minimizing Disruption
We know that every business is a little different. The following recommendations may need to be modified depending on the type of business you have and the location in which you live.
The first priority should be the safety of everyone around you.
- Host a team meeting and discuss CDC guidelines with everyone.
- Go over your internal safety and treatments protocol
- Train your team on key questions they must ask when reserving appointments
- Guest communication guidelines – keeping positive
- Cleanliness and sanitation guidelines
Implement those guidelines immediately.
New client offers
Set up a Zoom account or Skype and begin an online platform to continue communicating with your community.
- Online Consultations Recommend doing customized consultations online. Telemedicine is something you can do.
- Online product assessments This is something that is easily done. Send out an email and do a webinar on products dos and don’ts. Also discuss what is healthy and what is not.
- Opportunities Provide your clients with shipping options for their home care regimens, making it convenient for them to receive it via mail.
2. Adjust your marketing Positioning
Improve your positioning via consumer education.
- Why do they need you?
- How can you help your community now?
- How can you stand out?
Share your voice in videos. Launch a series of educational tips on how to deal with stress, strengthening the immune system, eating healthier, etc.
Amplify your contribution on all social media platforms.
You have an opportunity to expand your community reach by implementing some of these educational and helpful tips to your community members.
The Recovery Plan
We will all recover from this because we are strong. When we set our minds on doing something, we can do it. But you need a recovery plan that will help you relaunch your medi spa with a big bang.
Also, subscribe to InSPAration Management’s YouTube channel and ring the bell so you can continue gaining strategies to help you succeed beyond the Coronavirus.It’s business unusual
In summary, don’t feel that you are alone. At times like this, it’s good to speak to a mentor or a coach to offer professional advice and guidance. You are not alone. Utilize your resources or seek out some help. Be strong and make a great impact now!
Need help? Reach out to an InSPAration Management Business Advisor and setup a success planning session.
You Are Invited To Watch The M.A.P.S. System Now!
Are you at a loss for what to do and how to manage your business with Coronavirus chaos?
Watch a complimentary webinar and discover how to manage business disruption and design a recovery plan to combat the Coronavirus effect.Learn More