Why do most people and employees fight change? I never understood that because change is all around us. From new technologies, processes, innovation, business strategies and lifestyles, everything is always changing.
This article will give you a new outlook on how to handle change that will lead to success!
Let’s start with defining change.
Change is the cause to be different.
Change is when you adjust the way you do things.
One thing we are sure about is that change is CONSTANT and it only hurts you and/or your spa team when you fight it. So, stop it.
It’s a fact that every spa or medical spa goes through changes that can often create fear and uncertainty. However, when you plan for change and take the following into consideration you’ll be able to implement it much more effectively.
The best example I can give you about change is when I get invited to visit a spa or a medi spa and conduct onsite Fresh Start training.
Usually the leaders are as nervous as the rest of the team because they know change is on the way. Usually the program includes me training them on new systems, implementing new structure, compensation or protocols.
When we are talking about this much change, there could be chaos if proper planning isn’t implemented. When you plan for change, all goes smoothly and your team will welcome it.
Keep in mind that change sometimes brings ahead uncertain emotions that you need to be prepared to address.
- Denial: When change is announced, some people may feel that it’s not necessary therefore we need to explain the benefits of doing so.
- Resistance: With any change, there will always be one or two people who may resist it. Identify who they are and have a one-on-one with them.
- Acceptance: Changes generally occur for the better and have a positive influence on those involved. Focus on the positives.
When planning change, you must:
- Identify what needs to be changed and why
- Who will the change affect and how
- What will happen if the change is not made
- Outline the steps of launching the change
- Description of the new vision
- Identify and share what’s in it for the team