I am often surprised at the number of spas that aren’t focusing on building an e-database for their spa or medi spa. In order to experience growth and sustainability, building your database is a must. Your database should include the guest’s name, phone number and most importantly, their e-mail address.
E-marketing for spas can increase your traffic exponentially, and it is simple and inexpensive. If you’re not focusing on building your e-database, you could be missing out on a lot of business.
Here are 7 Bright Ideas on how you can build your database quickly and easily:
- Teach your receptionists to collect information from callers, such as name and e-mail address.
- Place a register-to-win on the homepage of your website. Encourage the visitor to provide you with their name and e-mail address.
- Include a place to sign up for your newsletter on the home page of your website.
- Any time you attend an event or host an event, collect people’s information; gather as many business cards as possible.
- When guests visit your spa, provide them with an intake form that includes a space for them to provide their e-mail address.
- Negotiate a link on other businesses’ websites who compliment your business, and ask them to place a register-to-win on their website or a link swap.
- Ask other businesses with a large e-database to send your newsletter to their database, and invite those people to opt-in and register for your newsletter. This can build your database very quickly; we know because we’ve done it!
- Organize your list — use your software program or Constant Contact.
- Make sure to ask permission before using a guest’s e-mail address.
- Keep your list updated.
- Always include an opt-out or unsubscribe link in your emails.
- Protect your email list.
What can you market to your database?
- Monthly e-news
- Special offers
- New products or services
- Parties or special events
- Press release
- Service reminders
- Last-minute appointment specials
Want to have website updates, monthly e-zine content and design, e-mail promotions and social media presence? Let us do the work for you with Done For Me Spa Marketing!
What are you doing to build your e-database? Share your experience in the comments below!